The 39th Women in Medicine Conference
August 23-26, 2023
Clearwater Casino Resort – Suquamish, WA
CME program highlights:
- Updated report by Audrey Koh, MD, on the National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study, NLLFS – National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study
- “Aging with Pride: National Health, Aging, and Sexuality/Gender Study (NHAS)” Karen Fredriksen-Goldsen, PhD
- “19th and 20th Century Queer Physicians of the Pacific Northwest” presented by social activist and physician-educator, Jane Petro, MD.
- “Brain Health in Sexual and Gender Diverse Women”–Nicole Rosendale, MD
- “Racism in Medicine” by Harborview EDI Director, Martine Pierre-Louis, MPH, and President of the King County Medical Society, Michelle Terry, MD.
- “Care of Transgender Athletes” by Janelle Marra, DO.
- Hands-on POCUS workshop by Mena Ramos, MD, co-founder of the Global Ultrasound Institute, and Kara Toles, MD.
- “Deaths in Vulnerable Populations during the Pandemic” by King County Medical Examiner & Founding Member of the Society of Black Pathologists, Nicole Jackson, MD
- “Healing the Gut”, (Food as Medicine), by Sheri Task, MD.
- Panel presentation with authors of “More Than Medicine“, LaTonya Trotter, PhD, and “Patients At Risk: The Rise of the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant in Healthcare“, by Niran Al-Agba, MD; Joined by Nikki Banks, CPNP, and Kirsten Pickard, ARNP.
- Lesbian Physician-Authors of “Making the Rounds: Defying Norms in Love and Medicine”, Patricia Grayhall, MD, and “Changing the Face of Medicine”, Judith Ann Pachciarz, MD, PhD, the first deaf person in history to earn both a PhD and MD.
- Physician-activist, Kate O’Hanlan, MD, to present “Biologic Origins of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity”
- Lessons of Storytelling, by Suquamish Tribal Elders
Other Program Highlights:
- Special activities for partners & families are being planned and coordinated by Caroline Breeding
- Walk through our WIM Her-story on Opening Night
- Legacy Letters, expressions of gratitude for our WIM Mentors & She-roes!
- Celebrations of our founding-generation and the shoulders on which we stand
Evening GAYla on Friday, August 25th. Highlights include:
- Hosted by Emcees: Aleksa Manila and Dana Goldberg.
- Entertainment by local artist, Jazmarae Beebe and Zimbabwean-influenced marimba ensemble, and more!
- Tweets and invitations being sent to local athletes: WNBA basketball star, Sue Bird, and USA Soccer star, Megan Rapinoe for star appearances. Simone LaDrumma, and Lisa Koch.
- Live and Silent Auctions with rare treasures, destination accommodations, worldwide excursions, and more!
We have extended the Early Bird Registration of $100 off registration until May 1st.