The 39th Women in Medicine Conference
August 23-26, 2023
Clearwater Casino Resort – Suquamish, WA
Group Discount Code 20553
CME Program Highlights:
- Keynote Speaker, Audrey Koh, MD, from the National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study, on “Adult Offspring of Lesbian Parents and Their Sperm Donor Half-Siblings: To Meet, or Not to Meet?”
- Aging with Pride: National Health, Aging, and Sexuality/Gender Study (NHAS) Karen Fredriksen-Goldsen, PhD
- 19th and 20th Century Queer Physicians of the Pacific Northwest, presented by social activist and physician-educator, Jane Petro, MD.
- Brain Health in Sexual and Gender Diverse Women–Nicole Rosendale, MD
- Racism in Medicine, by Harborview EDI Director, Martine Pierre-Louis, MPH, and President of the King County Medical Society, Michelle Terry, MD.
- Primary Care of the LGBTQIA+ Athlete, by Janelle Marra, DO.
- Hands-on POCUS workshop by Mena Ramos, MD, (co-founder of the Global Ultrasound Institute), Hannah Janeway, MD, and Kara Toles, MD.
- Deaths in Vulnerable Populations During the Pandemic, by King County Medical Examiner & Founding Member of the Society of Black Pathologists, Nicole Jackson, MD
- Healing the Gut, (Food as Medicine), by Sheri Task, MD.
- Panel presentation with authors of “More Than Medicine“, LaTonya Trotter, PhD, and “Patients At Risk: The Rise of the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant in Healthcare“, by Niran Al-Agba, MD, joined by Nikki Banks, DNP, ARNP, CPNP-PC.
- Lesbian Physician-Authors of “Making the Rounds: Defying Norms in Love and Medicine”, Patricia Grayhall, MD, and “Changing the Face of Medicine”, Judith Ann Pachciarz, MD, PhD, the first deaf person in history to earn both a PhD and MD.
Other Program Highlights:
- Lessons of Storytelling, by Suquamish Tribal Elders
- Special activities for partners & families are being planned and coordinated by Caroline Breeding
- Walk through our WIM Her-Story on Opening Night, delivered by our founders, Lesley Anderson, MD, and Patricia Robertson, MD
- Legacy Letters, expressions of gratitude for our WIM Mentors & She-roes!
- Celebrations of our founding-generation and the shoulders on which we stand
Evening GAYla on Friday, August 25th. Highlights include:
- Hosted by Emcees: The dazzling Aleksa Manila and Legendary Lesbian Stand-Up Comedian, Dana Goldberg.
- Entertainment by Vawachi marimba ensemble, and more!
- Live and Silent Auctions with rare treasures, destination accommodations, worldwide excursions, and more!